Thursday, October 20, 2005

Time... An unrenewable resource

One of the things I struggle with the most in my life is time. All it seems to do is create stress or remind me that I am late. But I have also started to realize I need more structure in my life and keeping things running on time will help with that. For those of you that know me I am a fairly busy guy... Maybe you would say really busy. So I started thinking... (stupid smoke alarm) Why do I let myself become so busy? A lot of people have told me that it is simple. I get so busy because I am afraid to say "no." Now I agree with this but there is also another reason I always seem to have little time. I enjoy being busy and I love being involved. The only problem is, at what point am I to involved? I don't know the answers to these ?'s. If I did I would be a mad man. However I have also noticed that the Lord will help you out with time if you are doing things that are in his favor. I mean I have been in Edmonton or Calgary for DYB or FUEL and had to be back sunday morning for church. Now I don't own a car so I get to take the Greyhound at only six hous a ride. I quite often take the 12am bus which gets me home at 6am and many times I haven't slept! But I have never been tired or without energy at church that morning! Why? I dunno you tell me! Also why is acceptable in society to be so busy? Oh ya if you know how to control time tell me!
Until Next time... Don't eat yellow snow


Ian

7 Comments:

Blogger RainbowBrite said...

Sweetie, you amaze me because this would be me..."I just spent 6 hours on a bus full of strangers and I got like no sleep...Church? Probably not"

Just remember to keep your priorities straight...seems like you're on a pretty good track.

I love you

11:59 PM  
Blogger Chrissy and Brian said...

I hear ya Burg. I wish there were more hours in the day. But I too wonder why there is no time and why I don't say no to more things and I agree, I think I just like being busy and involved.
Peace Out Burg
Big B

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I've known Mr. I. Burgess for quite some time. He is known by my colleagues as "boy wonder" a name that is very suiting I would agree. Let's take a moment and think, God has blessed Ian's life through all the contributions he has made. It's no wonder now, why he is so eager to pounce on any opportunity that comes about.

Ecclesiastes 5:4 "When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it."
When I look a Burgess's life I see someone who is not delaying in acting on behalf of God. You are an inspiration to me!

P.S. Keep up the blogging. This is the most worthwhile blog entry I've seen.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Hey Man, to be honest i dont even know how you can be up all day on a saturday (and probably late friday night too if DYB is the same), take a 6 hour greyhound ride home, and STILL go to church, and have energy. That boggles my mind man. Like for me i can't stay up all night one night without wanting to sleep all day the next day, energy doenst come in great supplies for me, it really doesnt. But you're doing awesome man. You may not understand why or how but dont stress out why just keep doing what you're doing man you'll find out the answers to all these sillyriphic questions soon enough. Anyway, i gotta talk to you sometime. Yea. K. Ttyl.
Ian..err Robinson

7:05 AM  
Blogger RainbowBrite said...

Cornflake Kid...you said some amazing things...who are you?

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My identity must remain unknown for the safety of the world. But I can tell you this, and if you ask Burgess he should be able to give you the details. I am the one that made Ian dress up as a Flames fan numerous times in high school. Ian is definietly an amazing guy. We can all learn a lot from him.

2:11 PM  
Blogger RainbowBrite said...

I already have learned so much from him...more then he will ever know. I am going to stop before I start to just type endless wonderful things about him. I have heard about him dressing up as a cursed Flames fan :P

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home